I’m going to start out by saying two things: 1. I don’t get credit for any of the creativity behind this idea, my only source of credit for this goes to having the best friends in the whole world. 2. If you want to make a pregnant woman cry happy tears… this is a fabulous way to do it.
Two of my very best friends in the whole world, Lauren & Emily, both live far away. They were my roommates my senior year of college and somehow still put up with me!! (living with me… not so easy!) And if it is possible we are better friends now than we were then. We have been through a lot together and they are the best friends a girl could ever ask for.
My baby shower is this weekend, but due to the distance and their own little ones, they aren’t able to come to Dallas to celebrate. So instead they went above and beyond and sent me my own shower in a box to celebrate especially with them.
Here’s how it went down: Wednesday in my mail I got a package from them. So after texting Emily to see if I needed to wait to open it until Saturday, she assured me that I didn’t. So, I sat down on the floor in the dining room and opened it. Here’s what was inside:
They had carefully and completely filled a box full of everything you would need for a baby shower! So I sat down on the floor, “hung the decorations” (around my neck because I was too impatient to hang them up on the wall) and my husband and I had a little mini-shower.
Here are the details on what was inside:
- Decorations- Confetti, Balloons, & two garlands (shown in other pictures)
- A Game- because of course you need a game! (Which PS– I showed you the answer one in here because I guessed about 1/2 of those wrong… not sure whether I am proud or disappointed in myself!)
Gifts for pregnancy (many of which match my nursery color!):
- super comfy slippers– (funny sidenote story: I have a pair of booties from Restoration Hardware that are the most comfortable things ever, but they definitely make me look like a clown, which my roommates good naturedly mocked me for in college… until they discovered for themselves how awesome they are… so Booties are actually an inside joke between all of us, which means these slippers DEFINITELY made me laugh uncontrollably when I opened them!)
- Trail Mix
- A Water Bottle
Gifts for the baby:
- Diapers- complete with funny messages written on them!
- A Book to record moments from her first 5 years
- A Hand-stitched Kite onesie (we were thetas in college, so this kite is extra special as well!)
- The hand-made garland which will definitely find a home in baby girl’s bedroom!
And last but certainly not least: food!! Because what shower is complete without food! I covered the corner of the M&Ms that are already opened… I’ll spare myself the embarrassment and just pretend they haven’t been eaten and
mostly consumed. And then they were more than generous and bought us our monitor as well!
I am so very lucky to have the best of friends who are sweet and creative and already love this baby girl so much! I can’t wait for baby girl to get to grow up with their daughters!!